Thursday, June 02, 2005

Stuck!

I'm nearing the end of my historical. Right now, the heroine is running through the moors in the dark of night wearing only her shift, trying to escape the bad guys. The hero has his hands chained behind his back and has done some damage to his captor with a well-aimed knee to the groin. This should be fun, right?

Then why am I struggling? Because I have no idea what I'm going to do with this book. I can feel myself waver, tempted to put it aside and work on something more "marketable." But I like this book, it's well-written and a little different. I'm afraid dealing with the submission process with my last ms has jaded me towards this book. Why bother finishing it if it's never going to see the light of day?

Which is why I asked Melissa to post her "Villa in Tuscany" article. I can't remember when she wrote it, but I did remember it helped me realize why I write and why I need to finish this book. I need to write this book for myself because I like it and I need to see my characters with their happy ending. It may never see the light of day, but it's my creation and not completing it would be selling my book and myself short.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Relax. The words will come. Easier said than done, I know. But I do think this book has market potential because 1) it's good and 2) you believe in it. That will be evident to anyone who takes a look at it. :-)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home