Monday, August 14, 2006

DAY ONE: Get Ready...Get Set...BIAW

Ready to put your writing into overdrive? :-)

I'm excited by all those who are participating in Villa in Tuscany's First Annual BIAW! We're going to have a great time!

If you need to review what BIAW is all about, just scroll down a few posts until you find the links.

We'll keep this pretty simple - no need to clutter the muse with lots of rules, etc. This is pretty much the only rule you're going to need: when you've finished writing for the day, check in at Villa and leave a comment with what you did on the day you did it - whether it's two sentences, two paragraphs, two pages, it doesn't matter! If you're writing, you're doing great!

The biggest thing about BIAW is to turn your internal editor off and just write. I'll give you some great quotes to motivate you every day. And if you're struggling to get started, leave a comment and we'll try and help you out. We want this to be a fun, supportive, motivating exercise.

"If you write, good ideas must come welling up into you so that you have something to write. If good ideas do not come at once, or for a long time, do not be troubled at all. Wait for them. Put down little ideas no matter how insignificant they are. But do not feel, any more, guilty about idleness and solitude." -- Brenda Ueland

11 Comments:

Blogger Karen Erickson said...

I'm so excited! I need this push BIG TIME! :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Kelly Boyce said...

Day One: I finished 11 pages and a bit, so 2,750 words. My goal is to hit 15,000 words by the end of the week. So far so good! This is a great motivator.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

I've just finished the hour I'd allotted myself, and guess what? I've actually done some writing, Woohoo!!
877 words to be precise - not the 1,000 words I'd dreamed of, but for me, right now I'm amazed!!

Congrats to everyone else too on their achievements - it feels great, doesn't it!

Sue :-)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Great job, everyone!!! Keep it up!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Ok - 3100 words this afternoon. Woo hoo!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Rene said...

well, my writing plans have changed radically. I'd planned (with much excitement) to work on my historical. However, I received a request for a partial for a book that I have, ahem, not finished. Ergo, I need to come up with a synopsis, clean up the first three chapters and then plan on finishing the book. Anyway, I haven't started, so that's what I plan on doing this evening.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

A slow start from me. Only three handwritten pages (about 600 words). I have better hopes for tomorrow (being away from the day job).

Cate

9:51 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Ok, checking in.

1,864 words. Almost seven pages. I want to get at least a minimum of 1500 words per day so I'm on track.

:)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline Hutchinson said...

better late than never. It's day 2 and I'm already late for day 1, but only because I just found out about this!

I am only able to alot an hour a day to this so here I am for my day 1.

My goal for the next hour is to get my two main charactes down

Thanks for this - I appreciate it.

4:46 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

I mentioned that this is the last week before school starts, right? ;)
Yesterday they were in rare form so nothing yesterday but I have better hopes for today.
(If nothing else, they DO go back Thursday so I hope to post big numbers by then!) ;)

Thanks for doing this!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline Hutchinson said...

my report for the end of my day 1 ... what a successful day!
I got my cue cards ready, got my hero, heroine and bad guy along with three other characters defined and I worked on my conversation exercise - which just happens to go with the work I'm doing right now so it was very successful. I have a game plan, a very rough draft of what I want to happen. I finished the conversation and a couple of other things and today(my day two) I'm going to work on the opening.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home