Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sign Up for BIAW!

BIAW is an acronym for Book In A Week. In a nutshell, this is the chance for you to devote one entire week to your novel. My local RWA chapter has done two of these BIAW's and they've been highly successful at motivating us. There really aren't any rules - just that we write. And if we write an entire book in that week - which is really, for most people, writing the "skeleton" of the book - all the better.

Since I have been in the midst of projects whenever we have a BIAW, I use this time to focus all my attention on my current WIP. And let me tell you - it gives me the desire, the drive, and the motivation to write.

There are several ways to do a BIAW - you have to choose what is best for you. Here are a few links you can check out.

BIAW as explained by April Kihlstrom

Historical romance author Gaelen Foley talks about her experience with BIAW (scroll down toward the end of the article)

If you want to participate, please leave a comment stating so. Hope you can join us!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

I'm so game for this! Great idea!

This is perfect timing for me. I'm getting down to the crunch for my next writer's conference.

I appreciate the links, too. They reminded me to think of the things I need to get out of the way. (I'm currently judging some short stories by young writers and need to get them read, evaluated and returned to the head judge. I'd also like to finish the novel I'm currently reading.)

Cate

11:32 AM  
Blogger Rene said...

They are really big helpers, especially because they can carry you through the next week.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Kelly Boyce said...

Count me in! I'm looking forward to it.

7:25 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

This is a great idea! My kids don't start school until Thursday so I'm not sure I can devote the whole week to writing...but maybe I can use the abbreviated week to finish the WIP that's been languishing...
I'll give it a try!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

So glad to see you all participating! :-)

2:35 PM  
Blogger ~~Olivia said...

Me too, me too! I'm starting a new ms and this is perfect to get me jump started!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

I'm doing it. I need help - I'm blocked right now and I think this could be a great way to break through the block and really write!

:)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Julie S said...

I can't pass up this challenge. Count me in!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Thanks for posting this Melissa. I'm not sure I'll manage a week, and I know I won't manage a book, but I'm going to give it a try. HELP!!!
Good luck everyone.

Sue :-)

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late signing up.

My writing has been stalled lately, so this is the perfect way to jumpstart it again.

Just started a new wip that has been rattling around in my brain for a bit. Didn't accomplish much yesterday, but fired off just over 900 words today.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. maryland and dc moving furniture companies spa at home Trial before pilate including the 39 lashes link promotion site submit web rx soma in fioricet How does cellulite form medical supplies humidifier Anthropologie sweaters Haier freezer delivery free Marketing a product online anal colapse Over 65 years old travel insurance quality internet marketing Penis photo uncut Joan collins eyeglasses

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home