Tuesday, August 15, 2006

DAY TWO of BIAW: Just Write!


"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." ~ H. Jackson Brown

"Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else." ~Gloria Steinem

"The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair." ~Mary Heaton Vorse

"Good work doesn't happen with inspiration. It comes with constant, often tedious and deliberate effort. If your vision of a writer involves sitting in a cafe, sipping an aperitif with one's fellow geniuses, become a drunk. It's easier and far less exhausting." ~William Hefferman

"When I sit at my table to write, I never know what it’s going to be until I'm under way. I trust in inspiration, which sometimes comes and sometimes doesn't. But I don't sit back waiting for it. I work every day." ~Alberto Moravia

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Boyce said...

Love the quotes!

I didn't get quite as much done today but I'm still on target to meet my goal, so it's all good.

Today's output: 2,250 words
Total to date: 5,000 words
Goal: 15,000 words

6:40 AM  
Blogger Rene said...

I did 3 pages on my synopsis last night. Not exactly what I had planned but it is something. Today I'm going to go through my first three chapters. THEN I'm going back to writing. I'm planning on 5 pages today.

7:44 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

I blamed my lack of output yesterday on the kids but we were out-of-town most of the day. (They just decided to act unbelievably horrid on the hour drive home which sucked all the creativity out of me!)

And....I'm....DONE complaining. I've read your quotes and am inspired. I've only managed 300 words this morning but that's 300 more than yesterday! Thanks for the incentive! (Hmmm...would probably be getting more done if I got off of Blogger!)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Great quotes!
Okay, I didn't have so long today - just over 30 mins - and I managed another 757 words. The best bit? I think I've finally nailed down Chapter 4!!

Sue :-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

1188 words this afternoon. Not too great, but I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be better. ;)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline Hutchinson said...

2600 yeterday (my day one) and another 1500 today so far. I'm on a roll but not working on what I WANT to get done rather what is just coming to me like little scenes here and there - I really want to get the opening done but I'm struggling with it. I know what I want, but it's hard to make it exciting so I'll keep working on it.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Ok reporting in Tuesday's word count - 2671. I got my groove on last night. :)

Total of 4535 words.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home