Sunday, February 11, 2007

Romancing your Romance: BIAW Begins!

Is your WIP clamoring for attention? Do you remember your hero or heroine's name? Are there cobwebs on your keyboard?

If so, its time to blow off the dust on your creativity and get down to business. To celebrate Valentine's Day, we are going to share some lovin' with our writing. For one week, we are going to put some extra focus on our WIP and see why we fell in love with writing in the first place.

If anyone has done NaNoWriMo, then you have some idea how this works. In a Book In A Week, we are going to spend a week putting our writing at a priority. We are going to crank out as many words as we can for the next week.

Today, think long and hard about what you want to accomplish. What kind of word count do you think is reasonable? I always aim low, that way I feel even better if I go over. Post what your goal is and everyday check in with what you've done or if you are having a problem. I'll post everyday with something to inspire you or something like that.

And no, you don't have to be working on a romance to join in, I just liked the title. My WIP isn't a romance per se, so there you go.

This may mean you are going to have to skip a "CSI" or record "American Idol," but it is only for one week and your WIP will be grateful.

I'm going to start:

My Goal is five pages a day. I'll be working on "Fianna Unleashed," the sequel to my book out with editors.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni Anderson said...

OK--I'm in, although trying to stop editing as I go along is as appealing as hitting my fingers with a hammer.

Untitled HQ Presents. My aim is to write 50 pages in a week. Theoretically this is easy, but recently...

2:27 PM  
Blogger Toni Anderson said...

BIAW WIP:
Today's pages count 13 pages. It's a good start for me.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Amy Ruttan said...

I'm gonna try. I did 5 pages today. Gonna keep trying, as boss is away hehehehehehe!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home