Thursday, August 17, 2006

DAY FOUR: BIAW


Feel like you've had it up to here with your writing? Characters not cooperating? Plot going in too many twists and turns to handle?

Don't despair! Just keep writing.

And if you need some inspiration, read a few of the quotes below - then get back to that WIP!

"The best advice on writing I've ever received is to take it seriously, because to do it well is all-consuming." - David Guterson

"Don't think and then write it down. Think on paper." - Harry Kemelman

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." - Jack London

"Just get it down on paper, and then we'll see what to do about it." - Maxwell Perkins.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Boyce said...

Got in another 2,000 words today and then had an idea as I was packing my stuff for work, so I have somewhere to jump right into tomorrow.

Total Words Today: 2,000
Total to Date: 9,000
Words from Goal: 6,000

6:47 AM  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Managed another 300 (in bed on my laptop). I'm disappointed that I'm not able to write more, but at the same time I'm happy that I'm at least managing to write something.
Well done to both Kelly and Devon!
Sue :-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Rene said...

I gotta do something today. I think I'm done with my synopsis (need Mel's review) and the partial is ready to go. I can get back to writing today.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Not a good writing day at all. I was going to work on it some more this evening, but I emailed myself the wrong copy of my WIP. Ah well.

Just a tad over 600 words today.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline Hutchinson said...

in total I've done over the last four days 5000 words. Which isn't as much as I'd hoped for, but is more than I expect I would have done without this push.

Today I restructured my conversation exercise and finished the journal entry exercise - which gave me incredible insight into aspects of my characters that I know now I need to add to my cue cards.

Thanks for this it has been very helpful in getting started.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Terrible day today - 0 words. Daughter has ear infection, had to go to dr, had to go to pharmacy, had to go to preschool open house with a crank sick child, and did all of this after waking up at 3 a.m. w/ sick child.

Aaaah! Lots of writing this weekend, I promise. :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

675 words today.
Not nearly as much as I'd hoped but much more than I've been averaging, lately!
A step in the right direction, in any case!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home