Friday, June 24, 2005

Dying in the Desert of my WIP

I have been crawling, exhausted and parched, through the desert that is my historical WIP. The blazing sun of aggravation has burned me out while the shifting sands of my story have sucked up my creativity. Once in awhile I have found an oasis of genius where my WIP looks really good, but I'm hot and tired and cannot for the life of me see the end of this desolate wasteland.

So I'm departing from this inhospitable landscape for greener pastures, I hope. Maybe this new WIP will be a five star hotel with excellent roomservice. Perhaps my new WIP welcome me in 1000 count sheets, cuddling me with brilliant bursts of creativity and passion.

I know, I know, writing is never easy. But sometimes the struggle just isn't worth it and a writer has to step back and wonder what in the hell they are doing. I've done it before, no doubt I will do it again.

Good bye, desert. We had some good times, but you are a little to arid for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Rene - sounds like you and I are in the same spot with our mss!!! Let's hope we find a permanent oasis soon :-)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there. Hugs. This too shall pass, I promise.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Maybe someday you'll pick it back up and it will speak to you again. :-)

8:27 PM  
Blogger ~~Olivia said...

It must need botox injections.... or something.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home